Tower Unite Laser
This is a simulator for Tower
Unite's Laser Expression Language.
The simulator supports a subset of Tower Unite's behaviors, meaning
that any programs written here should work in Tower Unite but not every
program written in Tower Unite will work on here.
The reason for this is that Tower Unite's expression language has a
lot of odd and undefined behaviors, that people likely should not be
relying on anyways.
If you'd like to learn more about Tower Unite's Laser Expression
Language you can read the official
quirks, oddities, and
Tower Unite's expression language has a lot of odd behavior that may
not be immediately obvious.
There's more behavior that are not listed. if there's information
that's wrong or not listed, please feel free to let me know on the forum
post or by creating
a github issue.
- any expression can be assigned to without an error, but it seems
only identifiers alone will actually do anything.
1 = x;
- right parenthesis can be inserted almost anywhere without error, the
language will skip them
- many of the operators seem to be parsed like infix operators
-(2 * 3) is the same as
(2 * 3)-
- operators don't need the left and right to be valid,
x' = /1; is a valid statement, and so is
y' = 10*;
- there can be multiple expressions in a single expression. I'm unsure
what the behavior is for this.
- operator precedence may not always be what you expect. for example,
! will capture everything to the right of it, rather than
the nearest identifier or expression. operator precedence seems to be
based on the the order they appear in official
guide's operator table.